Live CHP traffic reports and cameras for California. View up-to-the-minute California Highway Patrol logs. The February 2018 release optimises for iOS11 and the iPhone X.
Live data from California Highway Patrol (CHP):
- 1,568 traffic cameras covering California State.
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models; fully tested on iOS9, iOS10 and iOS11.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is color coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is color-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name, the type of incident and when the incident log was updated.
- The detail view shows the description and log of the incident together with a map showing the location.
- Full search functionality, works across both the list and map views.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon on the map to view a live camera image.
TRAFFIC CAM FAVORITES
- Save your favorite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.
- Shows at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents without launching the app.
- Toggle traffic information on the map.
- Toggle auto refresh of camera images (will refresh every 10 seconds).
- Toggle always show map on app launch.
- Toggle roadworks on/off.
- You can configure which incidents are displayed according to the severity of the delay caused.
- Miles or KM setting.
- Quick access to a full CHP glossary of terms to help you interpret traffic reports.
- Email me for feature requests/bug reports etc. I would love to hear from you!